Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bless and protect him

First thing that I did when I woke up today was think to say a prayer for Barack Obama. May he be safe, protected, make good decisions, and continue to inspire.

I am so proud of him, our country, and the optimism he has able to make us feel as a nation. In watching the inauguration coverage, I am overcome with a sense of hope and pride. This is an amazing occasion and I am very glad it is happening during my lifetime. He is a role model for so many groups of people that identify with him.

I am not being naive; as I understand that Obama is not going to be able to fix everything, as he is not a cure-all or some divine savior. However, I am sure that he is going to be able to continue to inspire, make us reflect, think out a path and make decisions, and push for more good rather than bad.

2 comments:

The Boring Runner said...

I think that if he solves 1/2 of the major problems we'll be a hell of a lot better off.

Home Away said...

amen sister!